sabato 16 dicembre 2023

Babbo ballerino / Dancin' Santa

Finalmente ho messo mano a questa fustella!! Non vedevo l'ora di usarla. Appena ho visto questo Babbo Natale in una delle dirette di Tim Holtz, è entrata subito nella mia top ten!
Finally I put my hands on this die!! I has been holding myself for too long. The moment I saw it in the Tim Holtz live, I knew it would be in my top ten list!

Pur essendo una della serie "Colorize" con diversi pezzi da assemblare (le mie preferite), devo ammettere che il procedimento è piuttosto veloce. Nel mio caso, poi, ho scelto di apportare qualche lieve modifica per rendere il tutto più divertente: vi ho indicato nelle foto qui sotto i passaggi, se volete replicarla.
Although it is a "Colorize" one with many pieces to assemble, I must admit the process doesn't take too much time. I decided to make some variations to add some fun: I took some pictures in the making of to show you what I did, if you want to replicate it.

Per prima cosa ho tagliato due volte il personaggio con la fustella di base nel cartoncino del colore prescelto (nel mio caso blu) e da una delle due ho ricavato la sola testa. In quella completa ho segnato le parti da eliminare: il cappello con le orecchie e un cerchio di circa 2 cm all'altezza del volto.
First, I cut twice the base of the body: from the first one I trace in white the part to cut out (the hat, the hears and a 3/4" circle in correspondence of the face). From the second one I cut out the body and I kept the head.

Qui vedete la prima fustellata dopo l'eliminazione delle parti segnate in bianco.
Here you can see the result after the cut out of the white dashed parts.

Con la stessa fustella ho tagliato nuovamente il corpo intero col secondo colore e ho eliminato le gambe, in modo da avere la giacca del cappotto; ho ripetuto la stessa operazione, così da farla corrispondere alla prima fustellata modificata (potete saltare un passaggio ed eliminare le parti segnate in bianco una volta attaccati insieme i due cartoncini). Quindi ho composto le parti della testa e ho incollato gli elementi dalla vita in giù.
With the same die, I cut another body with the second color and I cut out the legs: in this way I obtained the jacket of the coat. Then I repeat the cut out I did on the blue body to get the correspondence of the two pieces, and I glued them together. (You can skip one step by gluing together the two body card stocks and then cut out the white dashed parts). Then I glued the elements of the head and the legs.

Successivamente ho incollato la parte azzurra su quella blu e ho completato il Babbo Natale, dotandolo anche di candy cane e pacchetto (ricordatevi di usare due elementi dello stesso peso per non sbilanciare il corpo). Poi ho preparato la base della tag e, una volta asciutta, ho incollato nel centro un biadesivo poco più piccolo del foro nel corpo di Babbo Natale, in modo da avere gli stivali al di sopra del limite inferiore della tag.
To complete Santa's body, I added the belt, the candy cane, and the parcel (remember to add the same weight on both sides to maintain the balance), then I made the tag base.
After it dried, I glued in the center a foam adhesive circle smaller than the hole I made (before glue it, hang on it the Santa's body to be sure that the legs remain above the edge of the tag).

Da ultimo ho attaccato la testa sul cerchio di biadesivo, nella posizione corretta (NB: il corpo non va incollato, ma deve restare "appeso" al cerchio di biadesivo).
In the end, I glued the head onto the foam adhesive circle (do not glue it to the body! It has to be free to move, hanging on the foam adhesive circle).

A questo punto il gioco è fatto: il vostro Babbo Natale è pronto per oscillare a destra e sinistra!
La tag accompagnerà il regalo natalizio di mio marito e so già che la adorerà! ^_^
And that's it! Your Santa can swing on both side!
The tag will match the Christmas gift for my husband and I'm sure he will love it! ^_^

I was spotted on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!



Fustelle / Dies: 666338 Santa Greetings, Colorize (Sizzix) 665567 Christmas Minis (Sizzix), 665575 Festive Words (Sizzix)
Stencil: THS098 Merry Christmas Layering Stencil (Stampers Anonymous)
Colorazione / Coloring: Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina (Ranger ink)

5 commenti:

  1. Ohhhh, how cute! Just got this die set a few days ago. I learned a lot making the first two last night! Love the way you made him dance!
    One question.... I notice the belt buckle and that it looks like you used the larger piece and not the smaller one. I have had trouble cutting the small piece and getting it out of the die without mangling it! I'm curious if you had the same problem?

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you Denise! For the belt buckle I just used the top die with gold card stock, without the white base, but I chose to keep in place the three little pieces gluing them on the black belt. I hope my explanation is clear enough :)

      Elimina
    2. Yes, got it! Glad I bookmarked your post and checked back. That small belt buckle piece and the tiny ear pieces might drive me crazy! I left the top layers of the ears off too! Of the other colorize dies, I especially love Winston (snowman) and Edison (jack o' lantern)! Not as many pieces as Santa and still fun to make! I love the way they all turn out! Santa is adorable, but I don't think I will make as many of him! I'll have to try a dancing Santa next though!

      Elimina
    3. I love the colorize dies, but the Halloween Costume party set always drives me crazy! Too many pieces! :D
      Let me know if you'll try a dancing Santa ^_^
      Have a Merry Christmas!

      Elimina
    4. I haven't made a dancing Santa yet, but I made a wobbling Santa, and I also made a card with just the Santa head. Love the die set and glad I got it! But I do keep having to cut extra eyes because those little pieces get lost!

      Elimina

grazie per aver lasciato un commento ^____^

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...